These all started on the wheel. 34, 35, 36 and 37 were done solely with the wheel while the other 3 were all modified with pinching and or paddling after.
I found a bit of Ruststone clay in my studio that was frozen and thawed multiple times. It doesn’t work well for pinching unless you have unreasonable strong hands, so I paddled these into form instead. This claybody is much darker than the others you’ve seen in the 100 tea-bowls project and I’m excited to see the differences.
With this Wabi-sabi style approach to the tea-bowls, I’m trying different approaches for the foot (base of the piece.) With these two I gave them 3 little feet which add a bit of height, stability and visual breathing room between the pieces and the surface they rest on.